ASH KETCHUM YOU LUCKY BOY YOU GOT TO DO EVERYTHINGAWESOME IN THE POKEMON WORLD IT’S NOT FAIR ANYMORE
he never got to grow up, spend time with his family, or have a family of his own. he has a 5th grade education at best, hes essentially homeless, and the only friend hes retained through all of his travels is a mouse.
he is literally riding the god of the oceans like a fucking flying horse do you think he gives a rat’s ass about his education
if you want to ask a bisexual or asexual person about their sexual history to verify that they’re queer, but you don’t want them to take it the wrong way, try this useful communication technique:
give them twenty dollars and go away.
As a bi person, I can attest to the beneficiality of this method.
no but please do I have student loans to pay off
Reblogging for the extra articles.
Also… I might show up to this protest and support them.
Pay attention to this stuff, please, followers who haven’t heard about this! This kind of thing is completely erased in news media.
This is really fucking important.
This is why I don’t respect anyone who blindly supports the anti-sealing protestors. Because for a lot of people, it’s the only affordable option.
It’s not just Iqaluit. In Nain, Labrador this problem has been going on for ages and nobody does anything about it. $47 for a ham and $17 for a block of cheese. In Rigolet, Labrador, a loaf of bread costs $7. Here’s another picture of an Iqaluit food price changing before your very eyes.
The NNCP is starving people, reducing their food choices, and keeping people on EI poor. This is so, so wrong.
How can we help? I joined the group and checked out the website, but I didn’t see anything that can be actively done (other than raising awareness, which, of course, is great).
Excellent question! If you read through the group (which is here, for anyone who missed it), there are people talking about some ways to help.
- Look at the latest news on the Feeding My Family website to see what the priorities are and how you might be able to help.
- If you’re Canadian, call your local MP and ask to discuss this issue and express your concern.
- Look up ways to support putting pressure onto airlines to charge fair rates (a $1000 plane ticket should be from one coast to the other, not a few hundred miles).
- Research and learn what you can about food sustainability. For a start, how about learning square foot/metre (French intensive) gardening or container gardening and starting to practice it yourself? Share these techniques with friends and family. Get good at it so you can teach them to others who have poor food security in your own area.
- For the love of God, stop signing “anti-sealing”/”anti-hunting” petitions and supporting Greenpeace’s actions without understanding the complicated, nuanced situation in the North.
- Watch the FB group, because people there mention direct donations and ways to help the organizations actually on the ground there.
- For example, one person is starting up a donation project/fundraiser.
- Look at what organizations like FoodShare are doing and support them.
There is so much to be done. Sharing news articles and stories, lists of resources, donation and fundraising pages, and knowledge about food security is critical, but there’s a lot more work of all sorts.
(Source: , via theladyofpie)
I was tagged by rnaryjune
You can tell a lot about a person from the music they listen to. Put your music device on shuffle and write the first 20 songs that play without skipping. Tag 10 people afterwards.
(this sounds pretty cool and also I finally learned how to tag people in posts so that’s cool as heckie)
1. Underground - Gob
2. Yin Yang - USS
3. Big Wheels - Down With Webster
4. I Remember You - Chixdiggit
5. Vanished - Crystal Castles
6. Carrying Cathy - Ben Folds
7. Piazza, New York Catcher - Belle and Sebastian
8. Entertainment - Phoenix
9. Numb - Holly McNarland
10. Grapevine Fires - Death Cab for Cutie
11. Steps Ascending - Thursday
12. Rage! - Chromeo
13. Space Olympics - the Lonely Island (shut up)
14. Zydrate Anatomy - Repo! the Genetic Opera soundtrack
15. War - Sherlock soundtrack
16. Bounce - Calvin Harris feat. Kelis
17. Your Surrender - Neon Trees
18. Your Man - Down With Webster
19. Put Your Records On - Corrine Bailey Rae
20. Everyone I Love is Dead - Type O Negative
…I don’t actually want to know what you all glean from this list. Also I don’t know 10 people so I tag authorman94, allisbornagain, and womanlymuppet and anyone else who wants to do this (you can say I tagged you; it’s cool)
…please don’t judge me for this